Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Good With The Bad

Had a bad day on the water but a great day in the dove fields. Picked up only three trout and three reds. Half on plastics and half on topwaters. It was painfully slow with the north winds blowing 15-20mph and drizzle. The water temps dropped from a balmy 85 degrees a few days ago to a chilly 67 today. To cool for this boy to wet wade.

We took out our frustrations on the birds and gave Rocksy a workout. Just over an hour and we had three limits. Left 'em flying. I was actually picky with my shots and had probably my best percentage shooting day. One limit (15 birds) 18 shots Woo Hoo. Bet I never do that again.

Weather man says a little warm up in the future so I'm thinking Saturday and Sunday should be killer. This ought to stack up the redfish for sure. Give me a call and lets go have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment