Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Reds

Fall is definitely in the air. The mornings are cool, flights of ducks are visible all over the Laguna Madre and redfish are on the move. Had a great group of repeat "friends" from San Antonio. I always say once you fish with someone a few times, they are no longer clients but friends. These guys are even more than that. I have an absolute blast with them every time they come down.

We hooked up with Capt Mike Hart and headed out for a day on the water. While the fishing was not as fast and furious as I had hoped, we did well. We ended with 15 reds and 2 trout. Bloody/white Sea Shad and Chartreuse Curl Tail Gulps under maulers were top producers. We did manage a bit of a topwater bite and a couple of the reds were sightcasted, my favorite. Looking forward to next time guys. Got a few openings this week and the conditions look great so give me a call 210-355-5091. Click on the pic to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment