Sunday, August 9, 2009

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Well, I went fishing of course. Had the great opportunity and pleasure to fish with some good friends offshore for three days. The fishing was great and I am sore in places I didn't even know you could get sore. We trolled a five lure spread and I was the one in the chair when this big wahoo hit. Click on the photos to enlarge.



We deep dropped and caught a nice variety of fish. Chuck was catching them two at a time on knife jigs.



We did a little "chunking" at night near a deep water floating rig and got into some really nice yellowfin tuna. All in all it was a great time on the water. The weather cooperated nicely and we all got back safe and sound with just a couple of scratches LOL.



Looking forward to chasing some fish in somewhat shallower water. I'll be at it again starting tomorrow so stay tuned for a more "normal" report.

No comments:

Post a Comment