Monday, August 3, 2009

The Light Bulb Comes On

I may not be the sharpest pencil in the box but I can recognize a pattern when it slaps me in the face 5 or 6 times........ or can I?!?!

I mentioned that we have not had much of a morning bite recently. In fact it really killed one trip last week when the guys I was fishing with could only fish for the morning. See: Morning C&R Trip from July 30


Well, after discussing this with a few guide friends and a couple of other guys I know that have been fishing a lot lately, we all came to the same conclusion. The fish just are not biting very well until about noon or so.

I put the new found theory to the test yesterday. We had one red and 4 trout in the box at noon. Over the next three hours, we added six more trout to 19" and the redfish hordes came in waves until once again we were too tired to cast. Estimated 40 to 50 reds.

Ten trout to 19" and easy limits of redfish to just over 28" on Bloody/white Sea Shad and just about any red and white paddletail style baits we had. ankle deep to calf deep water over MUD and grass. Emphasis on the mud. I think I'll sleep late and try to recover. My calf and thigh muscles are aching today LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment