Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Full Moon Blues

Post full moon doldrums. I've never been real fond of fishing right after a full moon but often that is the only time my clients can fish. Sometimes its OK but more times than not, fishing is slow. Today was no exception. We caught quite a few fish but most were on the small side. Ended with 8 trout and 5 reds. Most came on plastics (Bloody White Saltwater Assassin Sea Shad, Rootbeer/ Red Glitter Assassins and Morning Glory/ Chartreuse Devil Eyes.

With floating grass a bit of a problem, I have been trying a new weedless jighead made by Title SHot. So far, I give it a thumbs up. There was a bit of a topwater bite this morning but again, most of the fish were small. I have a few days off before a stretch of 10 days straight. Looking forward to getting back on some good fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment