Monday, September 14, 2009

Vacation Time

Rumors of my passing are greatly exaggerated. After a fantastic August, I decided to spend some time with friends and family. Hope y'all don't get tired of seeing occasional pics of my grandson cause I am so attached to the little guy I can't hardly stand to be away more than a week or so. I always heard about how fast kids grow up but seeing it first hand like this, I can concur. They definitely grow up too fast. Click on pics to enlarge.




We visited family and squeezed in a dove hunt with the son in law and good friends before heading to Lake Amistad for an adventure with 5 other couples onboard a 70' houseboat. Forever Resorts on Lake Amistad has a very nice operation and the boats are absolutely fantastic. We took tons of pics and did a lot of sightseeing. Chinese built railroad tunnels through solid limestone (full of Mexican freetail bats incidentally), Indian pictographs on cave walls and deeply grooved canyons with fern growing out of the walls were just some of the highlights.





We did a little fishing and I found out that Brown Lures Devil Eyes work for Black Bass LOL. I was lucky and picked up the biggest bass of the trip on a black Super Spook Jr.



Back home now and gearing up for teal, dove and of course trout and redfish. The recent heavy rains have been wonderful and we are looking forward to an awesome fall. Hope to see many of you down here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment